Katiepie Designs is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Katiepie Designs may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this policy when you use the site to review any changes. This policy is effective from 23 March 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode and order preferences
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. We will not share this information with any other company or individuals.
- We do not hold any information with regards to payment details or bank details other than the amount paid. This information is held by Nochex. To review their methods for data management please refer to their website.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- if you wish to have your personal information removed from our records following receipt of your order you can contact us by writing to or emailing, otherwise records will be held for the duration that the company remains trading.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We will not use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Katiepie Designs, 21 Alexandra Road, Hitchin, Herts, SG5 1RB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, or write to us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
In the unlikely event of a data breach we will contact you within 2 weeks of our knowledge of such event to inform you.